Ready Mix Concrete DIY Guide
So you’ve decided to tackle a job on your own – but you’re not sure how to get it done. Fear not, because Granitmix is here to help with all of your concrete related queries.
If you decide to mix your own concrete on-site, then the first step is to measure carefully. You can use this website to calculate the concrete volume or call Granitmix directly to get advice.
The company will be pleased to help you but bear in mind that calculations will only be as good as the measurements you provide. So always measure again after the footings have been dug or the forms have been fixed into place.
Think about the delivery method that is right for you too. For large jobs, a straightforward concrete mixer may be satisfactory. However for more complex jobs then Granitflow could be your answer!
New to Granitmix is Granitflow, a high performance self compacting concrete, normally used for floor slabs which can be placed quicker and easier than conventional concrete resulting in reduced labour costs.
Benefits & Advantages
- Reduced labour – due to the ease of placement, large pour sizes are achievable with reduced labour and plant requirements
- Health and Safety – reduced labour and plant requirements lead to reduced health and safety hazards
- No vibration – with no vibration, the problem of vibration white finger is eliminated
- Noise Eliminating – traditional methods of placing and finishing concrete reduces noise, which is particularly important in inner-city and built-up residential areas
- Flexible placing – ideal for jobs with difficult access or where longer pumping distances are involved